JOB TITLE: Motor Coach Driver
JOB CATEGORY: Operations
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Dispatch Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Exempt
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK
Premier Motor Coach Drivers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner in all aspects of the job and in representation of the Company. Drivers operate a variety of Company vehicles to provide quality, safe, efficient and reliable service in accordance with current D.O.T. legislation as well as Company procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS
- Operate Company vehicles/equipment in accordance with current D.O.T. regulations and
Company policies and procedures.
- Performs any pre-trip ‘homework’ thoroughly by using maps or the computer/internet (provided at all terminals) to research best, safest routes, parking, etc…
- Follow instructions on work tickets or duties as allocated by the Operations staff, such as Dispatch, Operations Manager, or the Safety & Training Officer.
- Follows charter routes or responds to requests from dispatch or management for unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Treats all guests, customers, and other persons in a courteous, friendly and professional manner to ensure exceptional customer service regardless of age, sex, race, color or culture.
- Assists passengers in boarding and exiting vehicle.
- Assists with loading, unloading and moving luggage, packages and other items as needed.
- Follow all legislative requirements concerning Drivers’ hours regulations both in and out of the U.S. and complete assigned log books accurately.
- Accurately completes driver trip sheet for each shift with information including vehicle number, number of passengers, pick-up and drop-off times, mileages, destinations, etc.
- Keeps interior and exterior of vehicle neat and orderly.
- Learns and remembers locations of various destination points serviced by the fleet including lodging, entertainment and attraction sites.
- Meets all dress and grooming standards as set forth by the company.
- To report any incident that involves injury, damage to any passenger, pedestrian or third-party property immediately and in line with Company procedures.
- Attend any required Company Driver Training and/or driver meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven excellence as professional driver
- D.O.T. regulations and safety practices
- Excellent cognitive and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of geography
- Follow directions and read maps
- Make good quick decisions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Follow written and verbal instructions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Degree +
- Pertinent endorsements
- Experience a plus
- Ability to accurately model and convey safe coach-driving skills.
- Position requires stooping, bending, and reaching
- May lift up to 60 pounds
- Sitting (driving a motor coach) for hours at a time
- Must hold a current valid CDL Class B with Passenger and Airbrake Endorsements
- Must have a current Medical Card with D.O.T. Certification
- Clean, accident-free driving record
- No Positive Drug or Alcohol tests, if tested in the past
The Operation and General Manager will evaluate performance on the ability and effectiveness in carrying out the above responsibilities.