Premier Motor Coach Drivers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner in all aspects of the job and in representation of the Company. Drivers operate a variety of Company vehicles to provide quality, safe, efficient and reliable service in accordance with current D.O.T. legislation as well as Company procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS
- Operate Company vehicles/equipment in accordance with current D.O.T. regulations, Company policies and procedures.
- Performs any pre-trip ‘homework’ thoroughly by using maps or the computer / internet (provided at all terminals) to research best, safest routes, parking, etc.
- Follow instructions on work tickets or duties as allocated by the Operations staff, such as Dispatch, Operations Manager, or the Safety & Training Officer.
- Follows charter routes or responds to requests from dispatch or management for unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Treats all guests, customers, and other persons in a courteous, friendly and professional manner to ensure exceptional customer service regardless of age, sex, race, color or culture.
- Assists passengers in boarding and exiting vehicle.
- Assists with loading, unloading and moving luggage, packages and other items as needed.
- Follow all D.O.T. requirements concerning Drivers’ Hours of Service regulations.
- Accurately completes driver trip sheet for each shift with information including vehicle number, number of passengers, pick-up and drop-off times, mileages, destinations, etc.
- Keeps interior and exterior of vehicle neat and orderly.
- Learns and remembers locations of various destination points serviced by the fleet including lodging, entertainment and attraction sites.
- Meets all dress code and grooming standards as set forth by the company.
- Report any incidents that involve injury to a passenger or pedestrian. Accidents or damage involving a third-party must be reported immediately and in line with Company procedures.
- Attend any required Company Driver Training and/or driver meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven excellence as professional driver
- D.O.T. regulations and safety practices
- Excellent cognitive and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of geography
- Ability to:
- Follow directions and read maps
- Make good decisions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Follow written and verbal instructions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Degree +
- Pertinent endorsements
- Experience a plus
- Ability to accurately model and convey safe coach-driving skills.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS
- Must complete an application for employment and satisfactorily pass a road test.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to operate in Interstate Commerce.
- Position requires stooping, bending, and reaching.
- May lift up to 60 pounds.
- Sitting (driving a motor coach) for hours at a time.
- Must hold a valid and current Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement and Airbrake.
- Must have a valid Medical Certificate from a Medical Examiner listed on the National Registry.
- Clear driving record.
- No past drug or alcohol program violations in the FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse.
- Satisfactory pre-employment D.O.T drug test.
- No past positive drug or alcohol tests with previous employers (if tested in the past).
The Operation and General Manager will evaluate performance on the ability and effectiveness in carrying out the above responsibilities.
#PC!Click here to APPLY ONLINE.